Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders

Worcester Domestic Violence Lawyers

Walpole Restraining Order Attorneys

You face the prospect of jail time if you are convicted of domestic violence. You could also lose many of your rights such as your child custody or visitation rights. If you have been charged with domestic violence or have been served with a temporary civil restraining order, you need effective legal representation.

At O’Connor and Ryan, we provide proactive, results-oriented representation for people accused of domestic violence. Our goal in every case is to protect our clients’ rights and obtain the best possible result for our client. Because we also practice family law, our firm is sensitive to highly charged issues involving family members and relationships.

O’Connor and Ryan will work hard to protect your rights. Contact us today for a consultation with a central Massachusetts domestic violence attorney.

Defending Your Rights

If you have been accused of domestic violence or violating a restraining order, our firm can represent you in District Court or Superior Court. We can present your side of the story, cross-examine witnesses and take other measures to protect your rights.

Representing You in a Civil Restraining Order Hearing

In a civil restraining order hearing, you can lose your child custody rights and be forced to leave your home. Restrictions will be placed on communications you have with the complainant. If you violate the conditions placed on you by the restraining order, you could be facing a criminal charge.

You should not make the mistake of trying to represent yourself in a civil restraining order hearing. Without an experienced attorney, you could have a restraining order placed on you, with its restrictions on your rights and lifestyle. O’Connor and Ryan can represent you with the goal of avoiding the imposition of a restraining order or at least minimizing restrictions and penalties.

Contact Our Firm

For a consultation with a lawyer about an alleged domestic violence or spousal abuse case, contact O’Connor and Ryan.

Return Button-Criminal Law