Modifications & Contempt

Worcester Post-Divorce Modification Lawyers

Walpole Contempt Attorneys

When a divorce becomes final, the judge will issue orders regarding child support, alimony, child custody and visitation. Each of these judgments will stay in place until the court issues a modified judgment.

If your circumstances or those of your ex-spouse have changed significantly, or if the needs of a child have changed, O’Connor and Ryan can go to court to obtain a modification in a family law judgment. We can also seek to enforce an existing judgment. In most cases, we can achieve your goal in an efficient and cost-effective manner.

For more information about modifying an existing family law judgment, contact O’Connor and Ryan.

Achieving Your Child Support and Spousal Support Goals

For a judge to modify an existing judgment, he or she must be convinced that a significant change in circumstances has occurred. Loss of employment does not necessarily absolve a payer of child support or spousal support from his or her obligations. A central Massachusetts post-divorce modification attorney at our firm can review your situation and explain your rights and what we can do for you.

Child Custody and Visitation Modifications

Our firm can address changes in your needs or those of your children by obtaining a modification in a custody or visitation judgment or order. Whenever possible, we prefer using our negotiation skills to obtain an acceptable and workable solution for our client. Some cases however, such as those involving proposed child relocations, may require considerable litigation efforts.

Contempt and Enforcement

Our lawyers also represent clients in contempt actions where it has been alleged that an individual has failed to comply with an existing court order or judgment. In these cases, individuals are often forced to pursue a noncompliant party through the court. An individual who disobeys a court order or judgment faces the possibility of incarceration. In each instance, O’Connor and Ryan endeavors to obtain the best result for its clients.

Contact O’Connor and Ryan

Contact our firm to schedule a consultation about a modification issue.

Return Button-Family Law